Hello again! Today I though I would give you an update on all the products I've received from the various beauty subscription boxes I've tried this year. I talk a lot about my monthly/seasonal subscription boxes but most of the time it's just a reveal and I haven't tried any/many of the products yet. I give away quite a bit so to me those are automatic misses because I'm usually giving it away since it's not something I'm interested in or I know I won't like. Some products I still haven't gotten around to trying so those are TBD and then, fortunately, there's some hits in there. It can be very overwhelming when trying to choose a subscription box since there's so many options on the market these days so hopefully this will help you if you're interested in any of the ones I've tried out. Keep in mind I'm very picky and have a larger-than-average beauty stash to begin with. There's a bajillion products to get through so let's get on with it!
- Smith & Cult Lipgloss in Fade the Sun $22 - Flattering gloss with micro shimmer that is not sticky and layers well over many lipsticks.
- Viseart Dark Mattes Eyeshadow Palette $80 - Definitely not my tones and most of the shades are a bit bold for my taste but they blend like a dream.
- Mystery Brush (Chikuhodo?) $60 - I use this for blush and it blends product out really well without distributing too much.
- Bioderma Sensibio H20 $6.90-$44.70 - I just don't see what the hype is; nothing special to me but perhaps I'd like the Hydrabio formula better since I have dry skin.
- Clean Apothecary Brush Shampoo in Lemon $15 - I used this all up but it was so hard to rinse completely out of my brushes and the scent lingered quite a bit.
- Oribe Après Beach Wave and Shine Spray $22-$42 - Gave this one away since I don't have long enough hair to need a product like this.
- Sephora Collection LashCraft Length & Volume Mascara $7-$12 - Worked pretty well for the short time that I had it but the sample size was an absolute joke.
- Nars Velvet Lip Glide in Bound $26 - Wasn't sure about the color initially but have come around to it and love the formula and would consider buying in a different color.
- Too Faced Lip Injection Glossy in Milkshake $22 - Burns like crazy but does actually plump my lips up a bit. Don't use it very often because of how much it stings but it does what it's supposed to.
- Clinique Pep-Start HydroBlur Moisturizer $9.50-$29.50 - Gave this one away because it's not for my skin type.
- Marc Jacobs Fragrances Divine Decadence $29-$122 - Nope. Absolutely did not like the smell of this one. I'm very particular when it comes to fragrances though.
- Origins GinZing Refreshing Eye Cream $30 - Haven't actually used this yet so I can't speak on it but I like the brand so I think I'll like it.
- Cargo Color Stick in Champagne $28 - Used this a lot when I first go it but I've gone back to my Milk Makeup Highlighter stick because I think the color is bordering on too dark for me. I do stand by that it is a good product and will try it out again once I run out of my Milk highlight.
- First Aid Beauty Facial Radiance Pads $15-$30 - Didn't use these consistently/long enough to see any results but I love the concept and would definitely consider trying out the full size once I run out of my Pixi Glow Tonic.
- Beautycounter Lengthening Mascara $29 - I did not expect to like this since I usually prefer volumizing mascaras but I actually really like this for lighter makeup days.
- Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Palette in Allure Special Edition $35 - Poor quality and pigmentation plus the color combo is kind of weird. Would not recommend, especially for the price point.
- Olay Eyes ProRetinol Eye Treatment $30 - Not quite ready for retinol eye treatments yet since I don't have any crow's feet so I gave this one away.
- Red Flower Moroccan Rose Candle $38 - If you've been here with me for a while you'll know I hate rose scented things so I had to give this one away.
- Grande Cosmetics GrandeLIPS Hydrating Lip Plumper in Clear $27 - Haven't actually opened this yet since I'm still on the Too Faced lip plumper but I've heard this doesn't sting so I'm excited to try it out and see if it works.
- Akar Skin Ruby Tint Lip Butter $32 - The only product I really liked though I don't actually use it that often. I have a feeling it might get used more once it gets cold out and my lips are too chapped to wear lipstick.
- Londontown Lakur Enhanced Color In Cheerio $16 - I only used this once and don't really like it because sheer nail polishes are not my thing. Would work well for a French manicure though if you're into that.
- Londontown Kur Nourishing Cuticle Oil $18 - I'm not a big cuticle oil person so I didn't use this much and now that I've got one I like better (wait for it, Summer Beautycon Box) I doubt I'll use this.
- Derma E Vitamin C Concentrated Serum $20 - I don't have uneven skin tone or pronounced wrinkles so this just didn't really do anything extra for me.
- Secret Fresh Invisible Solid in Cool Waterlily $5.50 - I can't use deodorant/antiperspirants with aluminum because it gives me skin irritation (might be allergic) so I gave this away.
- John Frieda Luxurious Volume 7-Day Volume Treatment $10 - Again, I don't have enough hair really for this kind of product so it was also given away.
- Algenist REVEAL Concentrated Luminizing Drops in Pearl $38 - I really like this stuff. I'm a big fan of super dewy skin so I mix this into my foundation all the time and it's lasted me quite a while. I wouldn't purchase the full size because I've got my eyes on something else but this is really nice for making a foundation more dewy.
- Benefit Cosmetics Watt's Up $30 - This was a miss because I already had it plus it's, again, a touch too dark for me so I ended up giving it away.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Artist Shadow Eyeshadow in I544 $21 - I already had this from a previous Play! box...needless to say I ended up giving this one away as well.
- Glamglow Glowstarter Mega Illuminating Moisturizer in Nude Glow $49 - Not hydrating enough for my super dry skin on it's own. Like the concept just not right for my skin type.
- Living Proof Full Dry Volume Blast $15-$29 - I tried this once and hated it so I gave it to my best friend. I've heard it's better for thick hair, which I do not have, so it just wasn't the right product for me.
- Atelier Cologne Clémentine California Cologne Absolue Pure Perfume $25-$195 - Didn't hate this but I just expected a stronger citrus hit to it so I gave it away too.
- Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream $52 - I expected so much more from this since it has hyaluronic acid but my skin felt pretty dry with just this on so if I want to use it I have to layer it with another moisturizer.
- philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser $11-$55 - I've used this before and it is an effective cleanser/makeup remover but it makes my skin feel tight/dry afterwards so I gave this sample away.
- Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer $16-$49 - I don't hate this I just don't love it so I gave this to my BFF who loves this stuff.
- Miu Miu L'eau Bleue $28-$118 - Again, just not the fragrance for me because it's too floral for my taste so away it went.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua XL Eye Pencil Waterproof Eyeliner in M-10 $21 - I haven't opened this yet since I already have two black eyeliners open but I'm hoping this one will stay put better in my waterline.
- SEPHORA COLLECTION Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover $7.50-15 - Haven't used this one yet because travel size (eye) makeup removers are excellent to have on hand for traveling so I'm saving this for the next trip (whenever that is).
- Laritzy Lip Pencil in Cabernet $18 - I've only tried this once but I do like it. It's hard enough to get a sharp line but not so stiff that it's too drying.
- Dr. Brandt Pore Dermabrasion $58 - I have yet to try this but I really need to get on it since this could potentially help with my large pores in my t-zone.
- Skin & Co Roma Truffle Therapy Eye Concentrate $66 - Still working on my current eye cream so I haven't tried this yet but good news; Ulta now carries this brand and it currently has a 4.2 star rating!
- Ahava Mineral Body Lotion $10-$75 - I've tried this before and it made my skin itchy so I ended up giving this one away.
- The BrowGal by Tonya Crooks "Highlighter" Pencil $20 - I didn't actually get a highlighting pencil; I got some weird one with the matte shades from the 02 Nude and 03 Toffee pencils. Still seething about this one but I've kept it to possibly try using as a cream eyeshadow but have yet to actually try it out that way.
- IBY Beauty Mineral Pressed Blush in Peach Sheen $16 - Not my number one choice of color but it is very different from my other blushes so it adds some diversity which is not a bad thing. Nice color, good pigmentation, and blends well.
- Luxie Rose Gold Duo Fibre Powder Brush 516 $22 - I don't use this a ton but you can never have too many makeup brushes right?
- Cargo Cosmetics Around The World Eye Shadow Palette $34 (out of stock/limited edition) - Most of the shadows are a satin finish so that makes it a little more difficult to create a complete eye look plus I'm not a huge fan of the shades - odd mix of warm and cool tones. Not super pigmented, more of a buildable formula, which I prefer because it's easier to blend. I use it every once in a while but it's not my go-to. Not my favorite but not bad enough to be considered a miss from me either.
- OGX Orchid Oil Color Protect Oil $8 - I tried this once and was underwhelmed. Not quite nourishing enough and I don't spend much time outside, I'm a major homebody, so not my favorite. If I ever went on vacation somewhere sunny I'd probably bring this though.
- Granier SkinActive Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes $7 - I could only use these to remove lip products because they irritated my skin too much plus they weren't very damp so it was like rubbing a dry cloth on my face.
- The BrowGal by Tonya Crooks The Convertible Brow $35 - I did try this out once but I'm just really a brow pencil person > powder so I gave this to my best friend since she likes powders (but I kept the brush because I like the spoolie).
- Dirty Little Secrets Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Rust $14 - I gave this to my bff for her birthday in May because I just really don't like liquid lipsticks.
- Nuxe Shimmering Dry Oil Huile Prodigieuse Or - This is not sold at very many places in the US anymore (online)...I mixed this in some body butter one day and it's just super glittery and the glitter gets everywhere. Would prefer more of a subtle shimmer/glisten than body glitter which is basically what this is.
- NYX Bright Idea Illuminating Stick in Rose Petal Pop $8 - I have two cream blushes and just did not see the need for a third so I also gave this to my bestie for her birthday.
- Luxie Rose Gold Tapered Blending Eye Brush 205 $12 - Use this pretty much any time I wear powder eyeshadow and I think it works pretty well in the crease at blending eyeshadows.
- Drunk Elephant Umbra Sheer Physical Daily Defense SPF 30 $34 - I barely leave the house so all my face SPFs are getting pretty piled up so I just haven't needed to dig into this one yet.
- Skinfix Foaming Clay Cleanser $15 - I have dry skin so anything with clay is kind of scary so I haven't tried this out yet.
- Doucce Freematic Eyeshadow Mono in Jody (#22) $10 - There's buildable pigmentation and then there's poor pigmentation and this is just poor plus I don't like the color at all (pale pinky/purple shimmer).
- This Works Stress Check Breathe In Fragrance $30 - This may not be a bad product, it's just not something that I'm interested in. I gave it to my dad and I don't think he's used it either.
- Kneipp Restoring Safflower & Olive Body Oil $23 - Again, just not a product I'm interested in so I gave this one away.
- Jontéblu Eyeliner Pencil in Electric Blue $5 - I've used this once, on the 4th of July, and it worked fairly well though it wasn't as pigmented as I would have liked (I ended up adding eyeshadow overtop to intensify the color). Not bad though for $5.
- MakeupDrop x Beautycon Silicone Makeup Applicator $20 - I thought I'd hate this but it's not bad. Still need a brush or sponge to blend product in but this spreads it around evenly.
- Deco Miami Cuticle Oil in Lemon Blossom $12.50 - I use this a lot more than I thought I would simply because it smells good. It does actually work though and I like it better than the Londontown Cuticle Oil I got from Allure.
- Deco Miami Crystal Nail File $10.50 - I use this all the time. I'm not kidding you, at least five days a week. I have short nails that chip pretty easily so I'm constantly filing them and I like this one because it doesn't shave off too much nail but still smooths it out.
- Colour Pop Ultra Satin Lip in London Fog $6 - To be fair, I've only tried this on once but I really liked the formula and the color. Hopefully I still like next time I wear it and don't regret calling it a hit.
- Feel Brilliant Bamboo Charcoal Facial Sheet Mask $35 - Trying this one out very soon for an upcoming blog post. I saw that this is also coming in the July Allure Beauty Box so I really hope it works and doesn't dry out my skin.
- Freeman Beauty Feeling Beautiful Cucumber Facial Peel-off Mask $4.29 - Don't know why I haven't tried this out yet...kind of forgot about it. I plan on using this just on my nose to see if it helps with pores/blackheads since it's meant for oily skin.
- Doucce Lush Lip Gloss in Glistening Petals $22 - Haven't put this on my lips yet because I'm up to my eyeballs in new lip products but it looks promising.
- Manna Kadar Flutter Mascara $29 - Still have several other mascaras to work my way through first before I open this one so it'll be a while before I get to test out its crazy wand.
And that's where we're at so far this year. For some reason Allure didn't send me the June box (grrrrrrr) so that's why I never did a post on it/why those are not included here. I hope this gave you some insight, it certainly gave me some about my own preferences/ussage. After seeing all this information piled up like this if I don't like the next few Allure Beauty Boxes that much I think I'm going to cancel and I'm not sure if I'll try out another subscription box. I've always liked the BoxyCharm boxes but $21 a month is just too much money to be spending a month imo (even if it is bigger samples). I buy a lot of other makeup/beauty products on top of all the ones I receive in my subscription boxes that I don't always share on here and after seeing how much I give away or don't like I'm not so sure the Allure Beauty Box is worth it (I canceled Play! after that disastrous April box). I'm kind of thinking I would rather save that money and try out products that I'm actually interested in rather than having so many duds. On the other hand I'm also thinking I might want to try FabFitFun but idk about the mix of items in those so we shall see where my brain lands on with that one in a few months time (I'll of course keep you updated). I do really like trying stuff out but I'm also not a hoarder and like to keep myself in check so if I think I'm accumulating too many products I'm not afraid to give away or throw away old stock. A few days ago I decided to take the plunge and purchase some Charlotte Tilbury products but that, to me, meant I was going to have too many eyeshadow palettes so I'm giving my bestie a UD palette that I've barely used to make room for some new goodies. If you get or have tried FabFitFun I would love to hear your thoughts on that as well as any other subscription boxes out there. Hope this wasn't too boring, I promise the next one will be better but until then thank you for visiting and have a lovely day!